Friday Feast: Crock-Pot Potato Soup
Since we're on a potato kick this week, I decided to give you the recipe to my Crock-Pot Potato Soup. It's 100% vegan, and 100% delicious and good for ya, too. How about THEM APPLES?
It's also 100% EASY given that you can toss the ingredients in your slow cooker.
Crock-Pot Potato Soup by Jessica Lemmon
- 5-6 Yukon Gold potatoes (or 4 russet), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. Bouquet Garni (this is a Penzey’s spice, or you can use Italian seasoning, any mild blend is fine.)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2-1 cup nondairy(unsweetened) milk
- Place diced potatoes, minced garlic, seasonings, and veggie broth (enough to just cover the potatoes) in the Crock-Pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are cooked through. (Stick a sharp knife into the potato, if it slides off, it’s done. If it sticks, give it more time.) Alternatively, you can cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Hand mash the potatoes, adding the nutritional yeast and nondairy milk until soup is “soupy” enough for you.
- Serve topped with nondairy sour cream, chives, and vegan bacon bits (Bacos), if desired.
Yields: 5 large bowls