Writing Tips & Forms for Writers
WRITING TIP BLOGS
- PDF form: Marcel Proust Character Questionnaire
- Interview your characters to learn more about them.
- PDF form: the Quickie Sheet
- Organize your plot and characters even if you don't know where to start. How-to blog is located here.
- PDF form: the Plot Thickens
- Jot down every random idea on this pretty pdf.
- PDF form: Character Grid
- 4 quick questions to answer about your hero and heroine.
::WATCH:: Write Tip Wednesday: Chunking Your Edits
::WATCH:: Write Tip Wednesday: How to Tackle a R1 Edit
FROM MY ORIGINAL BLOG: SM:)E FEEL GOOD
- 5 Stages of Submitting
- Bootstraps, Picking Yourself Up By
- Depantsing Myself
- For Beginners
- Rejection, Part I
- Rejection, Part II
- THE CALL
- Writer's Block
- Finish the Game
- The Land of Rewrites
- Scheduled Creativity?
- I Don't Like Confrontation
WRITING: JUST THE TIPS
Here is a Pinterest board I keep updated with helpful articles.
That's really the most useful tip out there. Most of us do not find our writer's "voice" until we have written several books. After you finish that first beautiful manuscript, put it down, let it rest, and write another. At some point, you will find your voice. Your true voice. The one that is yours and not anyone else's. You will know it when you find it. Until then? Just keep writing.
- As a romance writer, you can find lots of valuable online classes and get a trade magazine with articles written by published authors. Join HERE.
- NaNoWriMohappens every November. You can join this (free!) challenge to write a 50,000-word novel in one month's time and find out what you're really made of. A great challenge for writers, seasoned or not.
- Once you have edited your manuscript no fewer than twelve times (I'm kind of not kidding. You need time and distance and a few solid passes PLUS a few unbiased readers to review your words before you attempt to pursue an agent), you can get get thee to QueryTracker.netwhere there are forums and boards listing agents who rep every kind of book imaginable.